Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI)
The ETI is an alliance of companies, trade union organisations and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) committed to working together to ensure that the working conditions of employees in companies that supply goods to consumers in the UK meet or exceed international standards.
211 million of the world's children under 15 (one in five) works full or part-time.
At least 20 million people are affected by bonded labour.
One in four people in the world live on less than a dollar a day.
At a most basic level, these are the reasons that ETI exists.
Pavestone is a member of the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI).
By adopting the ETI Base Code and working with other ETI members, Pavestone is seeking to assist in the process of establishing new standards of working practice so as to provide a better quality of life for those employed in the quarrying and processing of natural stone in India.
Stonemarket (through parent company) is a member of the Ethical Trading Initiave.
Stonemarkets supply chain is independently audited to ensure that no child labour is used in the production of our natural stone. For a copy of our Corporate Social Responsibility Report and Full ETI/Sustainability Statements, please contact the Stonemarket sales office or visit www.stonemarket.co.uk.
Natural Paving Ltd
Natural Paving Products is committed to investing in its supply chain and the people who work in it. Natural Paving Products is a Foundation Member of the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI).
The Responsible Resource
In very straight forward terms, responsible sourcing is all about measuring the specific environmental, economic and social impacts of any product, taking into account such factors as its manufacture, delivery, use, re-use and recyclability.
The good news is that Aggregate Industries (bradstone parent company) is the first company in the world to achieve the BES 6001 Responsible Sourcing Certificate from BRE Global.
What does this mean to you? Well, with this unique status, you can have absolute confidence that Bradtone products have been responsibly sourced and that you're getting the industry's most sustainable solutions.
In short, you don't just know what you're getting - you also know where you're getting it from.
The ETI Base Code
1. Employment should be freely chosen with no forced, bonded or involuntary labour.
2. Workers have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
3. A safe and healthy working environment shall be provided,
4. Child labour shall not be used.
5. Wages should always be enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
6. Working hours are not excessive and comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards.
7. Workers should be treated equally regardless of race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
8. Regular employment for individuals should be provided where work is ongoing.
9. No harsh or inhumane treatment of workers. Physical abuse (or threat of), sexual or other harassment including verbal abuse or intimidation shall be prohibited.
For further information on the Ethical Trading Initiative and the Base Code please visit: www.ethicaltrade.org