The weather is starting to warm up and the clocks are about to go forward which can only mean one thing - Spring is on the way!
We're delighted that we'll have the opportunity to get back outdoors, and enjoy our own little gardens and patios. But how can you get your outdoor space Spring ready? We have a few handy tips to help.
1. Now is the perfect time to order and plant some summer flowering bulbs. Lilies, Begonia, Dahlias and Gladioli are all perfect for a colourful summer garden.
2. Clear flowerbeds and borders. Have a general tidy up of your garden of fallen leaves and other debris. If you fancy giving your garden a spot of colour, our range of gravels, cobbles, pebbles and chippings are ideal.
3. Protect new spring shoots from slugs - be quick and vigilant to protect your new growths.
4. Give your greenhouse a Spring clean. Before long, your lovely greenhouse will be full of seedlings and growing vegetables, so now is the time to spruce it up. Make sure you disinfect the inside of the glass - this will help to get rid of any lingering diseases or winter pests.
5. If you suffered any damages to your garden furniture this Winter, now is the time to fix your fences and trellises or simply invest in a new one! We have a fantastic range of pergolas, fences, trellises, arches, picnic tables and outdoor furniture to make your garden feel more inviting.
6. Spring is one of the most important times to look after your lawn and when it's a completely dry day, make sure you mow it.
7. You never need an excuse for a new patio or paved area, but Spring is a great time to start a new project. We have a huge range of paving available online now!
8. If you're wanting to start planting some vegetables ready for Summer, onion, garlic, leeks, turnips, strawberry plants and rhubarb crowns are great to plant now.
- The Landscape World team.