Keeping your patio dirt-free can sometimes be a tricky task, especially during the winter months. We’re going to look at the two best ways of keeping your patio sparkling - ones that won’t leave any damage!
Before You Start:
- Make sure to move any plant pots, tables, chairs or other garden accessories out of the way before you start cleaning.
- Sweep away any leaves or debris so that your patio area is a blank canvas.
- Remove those pesky weeds that might have embedded themselves in the gaps between your patio slabs.
The Soapy Water Method
- Mix soap or washing up liquid with warm water in a large bucket.
- Pour the cleaning solution over the area that needs to be cleaned.
- Rub the area with a hard-bristled brush to remove dirt and grime.
- Rinse with clean water.
If you’re still not satisfied with how it looks after 24 hours, then consider re-doing steps 1 to 4.
The Pressure Washer Method
- Apply a specially-formulated detergent to your patio beforehand, to help dissolve dirt and make it easier to clean (optional).
- Connect your hose and make sure that water is running freely. Allow water to run through the machine so that any air locks are removed.
- Now, turn on the mains electricity supply and turn on the pressure washer.
- Pressure washers usually come with a rotary pencil jet nozzle, which can provide 80% more power on the concentrated areas. If your washer has this added feature, make sure to only use it on stone surfaces. Using it on wooden boards could damage and weaken the timber.
Visit Landscape World for More Top Tips
Learn more about paving maintenance by visiting our specialist paving centre in Widnes! Our expert team can also advise you on the best paving for your garden or driveway.